View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Default Are Pre-War Baseball Cards "Solid" Investments?

Posted By: Bob

As a collector first and foremost who sells only to finance new card buys, I wish all the investor-only types would dive out of the prewar card market, it makes it awfully expensive for the rest of us. That said I do realize that the investors and speculators help fuel the soaring prices of cards we already own. The one area I think still has some wiggle room is the caramel cards which have been on fire the last few years. Collectors are finally coming around to notice how few exist and that they are started out in the hands of children, not adults like with the tobacco cards, and are therefore very scarce in nice or often even decent shape, that is when you can find them. The stepbrothers of the tobacco cards have really been moving lately. Also, I've noticed, to my chagrin, that certain regional issues have started drawing amazing prices because of their scarcity as collectors (and investors) have begun to notice them also. I think prewar cards are an excellent investment.
The Clinton impeachment was a farce and one of the ringleaders who had a personal axe to grind is about to suffer the consequences in his attempt to become governor of our State. I won't go any further or this post will become political...