View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: leon

Actually since I spend the most time on the board I get 3 cents of an opinion. The BST isn't broken. I do agree with the sentiment behind Seth's view. This is a place for collectors to come and share cards, experiences, stories etc. It's the best place on the web for that, hands down. As for folks asking an arm and a leg for a card. More power to us . If it's more than market then it won't sell. With any hobby or business with this kind of money trading hands, and the passion of collecting mixed in, you will have issues. The BST is also a relatively safe place to trade (used in broader sense of the word). As far as I am aware in the last year and half only a $25 card has not been delivered, by Shane Killian, to another board member. He will not be allowed to come back until that transaction is made right. Also the BST is free so I sort of feel like saying "shut the hell up it's free". If you don't like it don't click on it. But I won't say that...it's just what I feel like saying. I know I am in disagreement with some folks about the frequency with which someone can post on the BST. There is no limit until it becomes detrimental to the welfare of the board. I see no one, including Jim, that is remotely close. Again, this is my opinion and my other moderator guys might not feel the same way. I also have no issue with anyone only posting in the BST pages and not on the main forum. I don't see any rule that says they have to. I am not making another rule either. Every rule needs to be enforced. I don't like rules for that reason as well as others. As far as someone buying something for $1 today and selling it to me for $500 tomorrow, whether they bought it on ebay, or elsewhere....all I would say to that is "thank you"......This is America and capitalism is our way of life..... I know I am a true collector though as I still get the tingle when I find something I need.....Last week it was a Sawyer Biscuit card of Hartnett off of the BST...from Jim......breast regards