View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default Larry Frisch Grading

Posted By: Boccabella

I've been to their office which is basically in a wooded area of Wisconsin, outside of Stevens Point.

I don't believe Larry is that actively involved anymore..at least not with the day-to-day stuff. I could be wrong, but I think he probably deals with the big time collectors & major transactions they're involved with and the rest of the staff handles the catalog orders, etc.

They've very slow when you submit an order in their want list service and the catalog doesn't seem to be updated like it should be. I got frustrated when I'd order things and they didn't have them even though the catalog had just come in the mail. The whole operation is rather old-fashioned but the method has worked for them for about 3 decades so who are we to argue? I think Larry is a collector at heart and really prefers to do business that way. And as has been pointed out, they are pretty prompt with refunds.

I was hoping to somehow get a peek at what they had in storage (unopened) when I was there but they told me most of their stuff was at "another location".