Thread: Soaking a card?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Soaking a card?

Posted By: steve f

b, d;

In a nutshell, If the change is made to up the grade then I'm against it... HOWEVER ,

Ive removed scrapbook paper and paper tape from my m101-2 Jackson after moistening then pulling most of the scrap paper and avoiding, as much as possible, paper-loss. This did leave residue and very small amt of staining. I've also pulled very yellow Scotch tape from a raw T206 back, again, leaving old adhesive.

So long as the desired effect isn't a "bump in grade"... I feel removing paper that was a distraction is a non-issue when there is still adhesive or glue blob still attached to the card back.

Of Course, the Jackson didn't receive a number grade anyhow, just Auth. The T206 did grade, but I highly doubt it was a bump since the entire, previously-taped area remained stained.

If selling, I would divulge to the buyer that I had made these changes. I don't consider this and erasing writing(That would cause paper-loss and AUTH grade I believe) an alteration, but I'm not as certain of the other choices up there. Steve F