Thread: Mini Bats
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Default Mini Bats

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

At one time, I had a good listing of both my collection and the ones that I'd seen sell one place or the other. I also did some research on the years specific bats were sold--at least through the famous sluggers magazine. Sadly, it was all on an old laptop that died a cruel death and I didn't have it back up.

As for the LS Decal bats, they came in 14", 18" (TOUGH To FIND), 22" and then 29" to 35". The full size were the most desirable because they were the hardest to find in really nice shape since they were full-sized and more likely to be used. I had a nice 18" Tris Speaker that was the only 18" I'd ever seen. Jackson, Cobb(2-3 different decal types), Baker, Speaker, Collins, Davis, Daubert, Lajoie come to mind immediately.......

As for the 'common' player phenomenon, there's 2-3 people collecting the bats and the 'common' players are the ones they need the most since there were likely less of them made than the DiMaggios, etc. I still collect the 14"ers and have Ruth, Wagner, Simmons, Cuyler, Maranville and about 15 other HOFers from the late 1920's to early 1930's. Also have some really neat minibats that are tough to find an a salesman's sample 22" Heinie Manush bat.

Like I said.....Byron McCorkle would be a good source to cozy up to........if you want more detailed info.......