View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default OT, and "possibly" a sensitive issue (finally my reply)

Posted By: Bob S

I'm sorry I've been slow to reply, but I've had a full plate (for me) getting ready for the possible flooding from Ernesto, trying to find where I can get my carfixed for a reasonable price (LOL)(currently not drivable, due to steering linkage probs, and trying to organize my autograph stuff as I mentioned in a recent post. (Thanks, again, to everyone who emailed me about the auto stuff...I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I've got to conserve my energy capacity (the Lyme thing),and try to get things accomplished in a workable way, so I will try to get back to many of you in this post by email, as soon as I get through the upcoming storm.

I do know for sure that I will be at the Arundel Mills show in Anne Arundel County MD on Sept. 10th (Sunday) with a buddy who will be picking me up at my house and driving down to the show (I'm in the Reisterstown/Finksburg area BTW, between Owings Mills and Westminster, if that means anything to some of you.

Most of these Mall shows have been reall duds around my area in the last few years, but there is a chance that a fellow by the name of Bob Flitter (heck of a nice guy) from Jenkinstown, PA will be there. He has a wonderful collection of vintage items, many high end items, most of which I couldn't afford, even if I was buying.

At the last Arundel show I went to earlier this month, I would say in his little 3 8' table set up, he had over 500K mkt value of Prewar items (actually I'll have to include his '49-'52 Bowmans in that guess. Some super nice T cards stand out in my recollection. I'll call himand see if he's coming in case that would interest anyone. I'll post whether he'll be there under a new topic "Bob Flitter" when I find out.

I don't like to keep posting that I'm in an unusual life situation (Lyme and very modest means, but since not everyone reads every post, I'll just say for the last time that I am in a "forced sale" situation. and my collecting days are likely over.

Anyway, I was "bowled over" by the nice replies from all of you, so thanks again, and as I try to maintain and reestablish some degree of stability in my life I hope to take many of you up on the chances to get together and shoot the breeze.

Best to everyone.

Bob

returnaddress