View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Default A winning ebay marketing ploy

Posted By: barrysloate

Steve- all of the neighborhoods in Brooklyn that were once run down and considered unsafe are now becoming gentrified and built up. I have been living in Cobble Hill for 32 years and streets a few blocks from me that used to be havens for junkies now have upscale restaurants and fashionable boutiques. While I do not know exactly where your son is living chances are it is now teeming with young people and is an up and coming area. I'm sure it is pretty safe but if he is night owl and out at 3:00 AM obviously there are some risks. Please tell your wife Brooklyn is a very nice place to live and has become a magnet for a whole generation of young people. That said, it's still the city and all of us need to go about things sensibly. I'm not sure the Lower East Side is any safer and it's probably more expensive, but it is a lot closer to NYU. Coincidentally, the reason I moved into Brooklyn back in 1974 was to start NYU grad school. Thought I would stay a year or two, ended up staying forever.