View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: DJ

Didn't Adam J. have the record for longest thread? As things unfold, and Leon doesn't get sick of this being bounced to the top, this may reach the two hundred thread mark in the upcoming weeks.

There's no secret how anti-Bonds I am and in saying that, my favorite baseball player of all-time was Ty Cobb. Racist? Not exactly as Jack Johnson is a very close second.

If Ty Cobb was alive today, the world would hate him. I would hate him. He was a ten on the "a-hole" scale while the closest thing I can find to Cobb today is John Rocker who may be a two.

Ty Cobb grew up in a different time where racism and his general anger issues were tolerated. Very sad to say. This was the case for forty years after the fact and Jackie Robinson was well aware of the hatrid that was thrown in his direction. How much would the sports world hate the 1894 Orioles? Buncha a-holes.

If Cobb beat up a paralyzed fella today, he would be thrown in jail, get sued, lose all his endorsements, the team would let him go (he'd be T.O),Selig would ban him for some time, fine him, it would be all over the news, picketers, on the web and more. Olbermann would make him the "worst person of the day". Bill O'Reilly would always be the "worsest".

Do you know that I wished someone a "Merry Christmas" this winter and got a nasty reply to the fact that I should wish everyone "Happy Holidays" because I might offend a particular way a person celebrates the holiday? It's a different time.

Plus, you can't compare sharpened spikes or even cocaine to steroids. Neither of these helped an athlete on the field the way steroids do.

DJ