View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Default Who can you compare Derek Jeter going back to 1869.

Posted By: prewarsports

I think Jeter is a Good player. Good, not great. He might make the Hall of Fame and if he does, I won't complain because there are less worthy people in the Hall. I get so tired though of all the Sportscasters in the country hyping this guy up like he is Ozzie Smith and Babe Ruth rolled into one guy. They all talk about how "If they had one guy to pick to start a team and build around him, it would be Jeter."

I REALLY like the Barry Larkin comparison. He was an MVP who won a World Series with his "intangibles" as well. Good, not great, and a border line Hall of Famer who never had the luxury of playing in New York. I think that comparison is Dead on!

Lastly, if Jeter wins the Gold Glove this year over Yuniesky Betancourt of Seattle than the voters need to stay up late and Watch some Mariner games. And if you disagree with that statement, you need to stay up and watch some Mariner games as well. He is by far the best defensive Shortstop in the American League and should win his first piece of many Glove-Shaped Bookends this year.