View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Default Another JSA/SGC Submission Question

Posted By: warshawlaw

if it fits into the SGC capsule. It does not have to be a card.

BTW, I was told the other day by an expert in rock and roll autographs that JSA is not a good place to send them. This guy, who is a major Beatles collector, told me that all JSA will do is solicit opinions of other people and that the net result won't be worth the trouble. My point is that if you are sending in something besides a sport auto, you might be better off seeking the advice of an expert in the field for that type of autograph.

The other string was interesting reading. I guess that like cards autographs are now in need of authentication if you want top dollar for them. Below are autographs I've managed to collect myself over the years meeting people here in LA, so I know they are real. Included are Eric Idle (white card), Emanuel Steward and Lennox Lewis (boxing cards), and Ray Bolger, Cheech, Chong, Gene Hackman, Dyan Cannon, Johnny Carson, Joan Collins, Ricardo Montalban. I also have Roger Moore, Sylvester Stallone and Gene Kelly, none of which are shown here. That's the only way you can really authenticate them!