Thread: Live Auctions?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Default Live Auctions?

Posted By: leon

I knew you were an infrequent board member and do read the board. There is no doubt you run a fine operation. With that being said is there anyway you can make bidding similar to some of the other larger auction houses so it's easier? Honestly, (I have no reason to lie) I would have bid had it been on line and easier. I could pick a dozen auctions, several are going right now, that I have bid in but it seems whenever one is associated with the ebay live feature it's more complicated. Right or wrong the perception can be as bad as the true issue, if there is any. I know you said we could pick up the phone or come there. Well, picking up the phone is pretty easy (on line is even easier) but coming there is sort of a stretch for most folks. If I want a card valued at $500-$1000 I doubt I would travel too far (100's of miles) to bid on it. I have only heard good things about your company and had 2 board members ask me for a reference for you and your auction, in the last week. I gave you a 2 thumbs up, of course, as far as honesty and integrity. One person called me late the last night of the auction and was very confused on how to register and bid. I told him I didn't try as I was confused a little bit too. Maybe I am a little old fashioned but I don't have any trouble bidding in about 2 dozen auctions a year....all of them start out on line, except for Barry's. (hi Barry). I have a personal relationship with him so it's very easy. I am not sure about ebay's responsibility and liability but my guess is they have some pretty strong contractual caveats to be able to defend themselves. I probably know where you can find a good lawyer if you need one though . Best of luck and please take this as good, honest, constructive criticism. I would love to bid in your auctions in the future.....best regards

corrected spelling