View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default Passing on cards at last years shows....

Posted By: Mike Campbell

At one time, the Twin Cities had many shows. You could go to the dumpiest mall show, and still pick up 206's (as an example) very cheap. Now there are no more shows. Even if there are, there is not much made before 1990. Pre War cards do not exist in Minnesota. At shows anyway. And when I ask what few dealers there are, why not, they say there is no market here for the "old stough". I did not make the L.A. Show, but hopefully the Ohio one is in my future. Chicago is only a 6 or 7 hour drive, so I may make one of those soon. I sure have saved alot of money, by living in the boonies. Much to my dismay...One last thing, as some of you may know, I concentrate on Foxx things. Not just cards but pins, wire photos, awards, etc. etc. Well, at one the nationals in Chicago, I was scouring the floor for Foxx things, and asked a dealer if he had any Jimmie Foxx cards or stough.....he had never heard of him....now i must say I was taken back by this guy....and during the rest of the day there, I bumped into another dealer who thought I meant Nellie Fox....and he wasn't quite sure who I meant, maybe I am not missing anything by not going to shows.