View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Speaking of T206

Posted By: Scot Reader

Steve,

Great photos. I agree with the previous poster about who the subjects on the three cards LOOK like, but I am having trouble buying into the idea that any of the three cards really depict Harry.

Camnitz only has one card in the 150/350 series, which is Arms Folded. The artwork for this series was drawn sometime between February 1909 and May 1909 as established by teams with which various 150/350 subjects appear. Harry only appeared in one game for the Bucs, which was played April 14, 1909. On the other hand, Howie emerged as a star for the team in 1908 having won 16 games that season. Based on this timeline, it seems much more likely that Camnitz's sole 150/350 series card would show Howie, not Harry.

Camnitz's other two cards, Arms Above and Arms at Side, are from the 460-only series. This artwork was drawn in the Spring and Summer of 1910. By this time, more than a year had passed since Harry's big league "cup of coffee", while Howie was coming off a 25-win season for the reigning World Champs. Again, tough for me to see how either of these 460-only cards would show Harry, based on the timeline.

Scot