View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Default The Big Question for Rob Lifson

Posted By: MikeU

"Maybe I missed it, but show me where in Rob's post where he answered this question that was in this thread: "Given that you were a senior person at Mastronet and you know the parties involved are you or are you not stating that employees of Mastronet are doing sophiticated work on cards?" I don't see it."

His answer to that specific question would be the following:

"I cannot articulate the formal policies of any auction company other than Robert Edward Auctions. It is our policy, both for what we consider to be good form as well as for very sound legal reasons, to not publicly comment on the specific practices of any specific company other than Robert Edward Auctions, or even to comment on specific items for sale, auction, or items sold in the past by other companies. We have made it a longstanding practice to cite what we think are issues in the industry that we think deserve attention, and we have given much time, energy, and thought to REA’s policies regarding addressing these issues. I will review in this post REA’s policies regarding 1) the altering of cards, 2) the resubmission of graded cards, and 3) the disclosure of lots owned by any employee of REA (or family member of any employee)."