View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Default T-206: questions about lines & typeface

Posted By: Jason L

I have been delighted to have received my first T206 cards (I'm collecting T205 and T206 Cubbies, if any of you have dupes in VG-VGEX), and I have been very excited to inspect them...I can see how people can get hooked on really old cardboard. For the first time I am not condition obsessed. Much of this is budget, but also, for some reason, I just like the card for what it is...

Anyway! Finally, my point.
I have only a sample size of 4 semi-beaters now, but I noticed two things, rather consistently appearing:
1) The border printing is made up of 4 distinct lines whose ends never quite meet up in a smooth corner, and
2) The name/team printing at the bottom is considerably less robust, or more worn, and therefore fainter in appearance, than the rest of the card.

Are these common characteristics of T206s, and is there a common knowledge/opinion on how/why these are the case?

Thanks for indulging me with your time, particularly if these are oft-discussed topics that I have failed to find in my post searches,

Jason L

edited title & to add : The Kroh card is the most affected/displays these characteristics most prominently...