View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Goodwin & Company's Stance on Hobby Issues

Posted By: MikeU

"Boy Charlie, I banged at that specific question in posts all day and couldn't get anyone else to opine, or SGC to expand upon.....I sure would love to know the answer to that as well.

daniel"

Daniel,

Good god, not sure what you do not understand.

Forman quote:

"When it comes to restoration of cards, we break the issue down into three categories. The first category includes things like erasing light pencil marks, wax/gum removal, corner flattening, album/glue removal, and wrinkle removal. These are examples of procedures that, if done carefully and properly, are unfortunately undetectable. When done properly, cards that have undergone these procedures can find there way into SGC holders, because as I mentioned, there is no way to detect that it has been done. Often these procedures are done improperly, they leave telltale signs that we consider to be evidence of tampering, and we reject the cards. Some of these telltale signs include but are not limited to a change in the cards texture, unusually flat surfaces, and at times there is a slight transfer of a foreign substance to a card."

Restoration = wrinkle removal = SGC rejection, if detectable = SGC officially does not endorse Doug Allen's practice of removing wrinkles.