View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Default Any News From The Reading Show (Philadelphia)

Posted By: MVSNYC

went today with a friend and my dad...rented an SUV and made the trip from mid-town manhattan...round trip in one day. we were disappointed the see that the expo center was just as bland as ft. wash. (atlantic city's convention center is the best venue i've been to for a show)...these expo centers always feel like big gymnasiums.

ok, so as far as the "goods", as mentioned before i collect high-grade T206 cards, i saw only about 2 tables that had 7's-8's...my friend worked-out a trade for a 7, and i didn't buy a single thing...i was impressed by memory lane (JP is very cool, we spoke for awhile).

BUT...most impressive was this slightly older gentleman sitting in the very last row, at a little table. he had a small variety of vintage cards and actually did have 2 PSA 8 T206's...THEN, he asks if i collect rare backs, i said yes, he said look at these...he then pulled-out (i swear on my grandfather's grave) 2 (TWO) Broadleaf 460's, both SGC graded, then he flipped them over, one was a cy young, glove 5.5, the other was johnson, hands 5...asking prices: 30,000 & 22,000...this is a TRUE story, we almost fell over.

i ended up leaving the show with not one thing. for me eBay & major auction houses have the material i am looking for...these shows are good for networking and mingling...