View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Reality Check Sad and Insane May be Hung Soon

Posted By: Brian

Paul,

I am still waiting to hear the "real reason" we are in Iraq. Going there does not give you an excuse to make veiled comments about Israel "goading" the US into this war, which is what I think you are doing. I am beginning to hear this scapegoating more often, and it makes me sick. We are there because your president (I did not elect him) wanted to avenge his daddy's attempted assassination, to make Halliburton rich, etc.

Nor is it absurd to compare this conflict with Vietnam. In both cases it was (or became) a baseless desire to "democratize" another nation. Yesterday the reds, today someone else. Getting Saddam out of power was one thing--good riddance is right--but that was several years ago, and it's time to get the hell out. The November elections were a mandate to do so, and most people (at least most that still have functioning brains) in this country agree. Let's see if the newly elected congress has the balls to do it. Face it, it was, and is, a mistake--there were not WMDs, no matter how you spin it (oh, yes, I forgot the metal tubes that were supposed to launch missiles at us and turned out to be anything but weapons). However, there were other countries definitely making REAL weapons (remember the "axis of evil"?) when we invaded, and they are further along now because of this moronic decision. Any half-wit in the administration knew that back when we invaded. Israel provided much of that intelligence, I believe. So be careful who you scapegoat.

We are closer to WWIII now than before because the president went after the wrong enemy.
Brian