View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Reality Check Sad and Insane May be Hung Soon

Posted By: barrysloate

Leon- there are many things I could wish for in 2007, but if I could pick one that related to this thread it is that there could be a lot more tolerance of other people's opinions. There are clearly two sharply divided sides, and it would be productive if everyone stopped being so close minded and realize none of us has worked out the world's problems. We all have spent some time thinking about these issues. We live in very dangerous times and are all aware another 9/11 is very likely to happen here one day. But nobody on this board, myself included, has THE ANSWER. We are merely expressing personal opinions, but too many of us are pigheaded and believe that only MY solution is the right one, and to hell with everybody else. If we could all make a resolution, let's agree that the Democrats are not the cause of all our problems, the Republicans are not the cause, and it's not a black and white world of liberals against conservatives. This is the small-minded thinking that is slowly destroying the fabric of this country. How about we all agree that the other guy may actually have something worthwhile to say, and it's worth listening? I've been watching this thread closely and you know what- we are all as clueless as the next guy. Let's stop pretending any single one of us has it all worked out. Thank you, and let's have a happy and healthy 2007! Regards, Barry