View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Default Steve M. "jacklitsch" Wrong or Right?

Posted By: Joe D.

isn't anything a person says that follows the words "subject to" automatically going to throw them behind a person who says "I will take it" without the words "subject to"? Subject to = clause / no matter what the 'subject to' refers to.

My personal preference (as a seller) is to answer the inquiry of whomever contacted first. That person is first in line.

If there are others who posted interest as well, let the first person know they have "X" hours to decide and then it 'may' go to the next person in line. Then let the others in line know that you have given first in line "X" hours to make a decision.

As far as Steve and JC... I see both of their points of view and think they both acted in good faith (but just didn't have the same understanding of the rules of 'order' while they were talking to each other). The different assumptions they both had lead to a misunderstanding.

I hear that when resolving a dispute - if both parties walk away disappointed - it was a good resolution.... so, I think the best solution is for both of them to allow me to choose one item from their collection.