View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default The Dallas Dinner- Curing the hobby's ills

Posted By: Scott Elkins

as much as I would love to see the Hobby cleaned up, it would be an arduous task. I, for one, am glad Jim Crandell took it upon himself to act on this aspect, as I wouldn't have the time or patience myself. Jim, at least, has Barry Sloate to help him. Barry has been around many years and has seen and heard many things, so that should be very helpful to Jim and his quest.

For the most part, I agree with Leon - I am content to set back and enjoy collecting and the "chase" for new cardboard. However, I did extend Jim my help and told him that if he ever needs any help from me, that I would be more than happy to aid him in any way possible since I do love this Hobby (which I am almost certain any of us would help Jim as well).

In the meantime, the best way I believe we "veteran" collectors can help is to educate the newbies and point out altered cards to others, as Mr. Sloate has done on this board in the past. I feel that if we keep a watchful eye and report wrong-doings publicly, then that is one step towards improving this great Hobby.

Happy Collecting!