View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default PSA buyback policy

Posted By: James Gallo

I have had a couple issues with PSA. I had a card refused from SGC as being short, but not trimmed per sa. I sent it to PSA they cased it a PSA 1. The card did look good to me and measured fine IMO.

I recently bought a modern card and it was a PSA 10, uposn getting it, it had 2 huge stains on it. This is a card from 2003 folks. I emailed the seller and he was awesome took the card back and even refunded my shipping.

I agree with much of what has been said above and find that PSA does overgrade mid grade cards.

On the same note I generally love PSA 1's because 99% of the time a PSA 1 is really a 2-4.

I also just got back a Jeter rookie from PSA, they said is was trimmed, but I got this card out of a factory sealed set and it obviously measures fine.....

In the same batch I sent a Brett Rookie, just to get it cased. I knew it would be a 5-6, it came back a 7. I have concerns that when I sell this card the buyer will not be happy. It has wear at ever corner and is not better then a 5 or 6.

I don't understand who is looking at these cards sometimes.
I guess it is just a role of the dice and sometimes you end up ahead.

I would take nice scans of the card and sell it in the curent holder.

Let the buyer decide the value and don't even bother dealing with PSA. It may be more of a hassle then it is worth.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.