View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default PSA buyback policy

Posted By: Griffin's

I had a modern card that was obviously overgraded several years ago- Charlie (customer service rep at the time) offered me the 1K I paid for it or 1500. in grading vouchers. Quick and easy, and most importantly, fair.
About 3 years ago I bought 2 PSA 4 Cleveland Fatima's sight unseen from 2 different sellers (I know, I know....). Upon getting them 1 of them had the corner torn off. I took both to PSA's CS rep, Peter Ma, at a show. He agreed the one was overgraded, and taking both of them we noticed the cert numbers were sequential. 3 days later he called me to tell me that they had reviewed them and both were accurately graded (my point was either one was overgraded or the other was undergraded) and sent them back to me.
I think, like any big company, customer service is only as good as the person handling it. I know of at least one major dealer that is working with PSA on buybacks (by finding overgraded cards and winning them to turn over to PSA) and there might be more. It's not as simple a process as SGC's seems to be, but it does happen. Vargha's booger card notwithstanding.