Thread: Need a laugh??
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default Need a laugh??

Posted By: Russ Bright

I am 28 and a lot of people on the board are around that age as well. Fact of the matter is, none of us are going to retire on our collections. I grew up idolizing the players of our era, but with current events (Bonds and Clemens are twice as big as they used to be, and that's not all old age) I have lost desire to collect newer cards. Even the cards from when I was younger (the 1987 topps that we all thought were going to be worth millions) are a disappointment.

I think 90% of males have the- "My Mom threw out my collection" story. Problem is, the collections from the 50's and 60's ARE worth something- the ones from the 80's aren't.

Good luck getting cards you want for your collection - if you want Bonds rookies, great, you can have mine, I can't give them away on e-bay - I'd rather have cards with history behind them. I've lived through the 80's, there's fantasy and Magic in the cards made before my grandparents were born (and even before I was born)

To each his own, thanks for coming here and being a good sport, hopefully the card goes to a good home - I'm pretty sure you would have made more on Mastronet - Ebay will kill you in fees...