View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Grading a trimmed cabinet card

Posted By: Silver King

I emailed Michael at SGC and forwarded him pictures of the front and back and he said that there was too much missing to authenticate. I asked what he meant by "too much missing", wondering if he was referring to the card being trimmed or if he meant that there wasn't enough proof that the picture is actually Silver King. His response was that the graders felt that too much of the card had been trimmed to give it an authentic grade. He did suggest I check back several months from now.
As for proof that the card is Silver King, my only proof is an eye witness. My grandmother is still alive today and she used to live with Silver King. I pulled out the card and showed it to her without telling her who it was, and she almost broke down in tears. She knew instantly that it was a picture of her grandfather. The only problem is that I don't think SGC is going to take the word of an 88 year old relative. And, so far I haven't found any pictures of Silver King other than the N172 & N173 cards, and those aren't close-ups. Anybody know of websites, books or something which might help prove to SGC that the cabinet really is him? Here is the back of the cabinet.

robert shaw