View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Default Just when you thought it was safe to go back to your keyboard: Ebay's watched items

Posted By: Max Weder

Perhaps others received an email, ostensibly from ebay, stating that one of your watched items from a vendor had been relisted. When I checked one of these emails I received, I noted that I had not added Five Little Peppers and How They Grew to my Watch List (and I certainly wouldn't admit it here if I had ) but I had been watching another closed item from that vendor.

I do as ebay suggests and I check my ebay messages. No such relisting email.Another phish? Scam? For sure, I am thinking. I email ebay's security and receive the following email back:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the email you received regarding your "Watched Item."

The notice we sent to you incorrectly referred to an item that is not on the "Items I'm Watching" list for your account.

Although this notice is an authentic email from eBay, it was mistakenly sent by our system. We apologize for any inconvenience or concern this might have caused you.

Other members have also reported receiving notices for items they are not watching. We appreciate your patience with us as we work to correct this problem as soon as possible.

Somehow, this does not inspire great confidence.

Max