View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default Another auction ended early...

Posted By: Anonymous

I'm the seller of the T204 Walter Johnson PSA 4. Thought everyone should know what happened in detail. My ebay account was unfortunatley hacked into. Here is the actual message I was sent in my ebay messages:

Hello,
My name is Mark O'nill. I am interested in your item.The problem is that i am a litle confuse because i've seen another item exactly like yours.Please take a look: http://........................ ; Please let me know your last price.

I clicked on the link to look. It came up to the ebay login screen. Without thinking it through, I typed my username and password in. This is when they captured my password. I didn't realize what had happened until I went to check my listing and saw that it was ended early (not by myself). I also had questions from ebayers in my ebay messages about listings I had not listed. I changed my ebay/e-mail account passwords notified ebay via e-mail and relisted the Walter Johnson. I later went to check on the Walter Johnson listing and ebay had ended the auction. Ebay thought that the auction had been listed by someone other than me after reading my e-mail and locked my account to investigate.

This has been frustrating and definitely a learning experience for me. But I have relisted the card and my account is now as normal. I do appreciate your patience and interest. Let me know if you have any other questions.