View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Default My experiment on the BST

Posted By: Joann

About the only time I am kind of rude about not getting back to people is on the BST when they make a stupid-low offer when I've posted a price. I will often just not respond to the email because it's kind of insulting. I understand trying to bargain, but when the offer is less than 30% of asking price that's just a waste of my time. Usually I am very good about responding to people that are kind enough to express an interest - so I guess I must not consider this a genuine expression of interest.

I do like posted prices, but also like the make an offer approach too. I get uncomfortable with offers if I'm not quite sure what to offer (often) so I do usually pass on these and stick with posted prices.

But sometimes those with posted prices go so fast you miss them. At least with make an offer you can get there a few hours late and still be in it. It also gives you opportunity to make a strong offer on something you have a unique interest in - when that same card may have been snapped up before you saw it with a posted price. Many many a time I see SOLD on a listing and see that I would have paid more, and sometimes substantially more, for the same card.

Joann