View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default Philly show this weekend

Posted By: James Gallo

Well I went to the show with a bunch of money to spend and had a really hard time finding anything to buy.

I got to the point were I almost bought a few cards just to buy something, but I helpd off.

Seeing as everyone seems to think the show was week, I certainly didn't have anyone accept any offers I made on stuff.

I was talking to a buddy of mine today and I realized that the dealers will say they can get more for a card on ebay then I might offer them at a show.

On the flip side though I see a lot of cards on ebay that are much cheaper then the same card is at a show.

Personally I love shows, and always have. I love buying a card and not having to wait to get it.

I had actually seen Ted Z, Ted G and Dan Mackee at previous shows, I just never placed the names to the faces.

They are all very nice guys and a special thanks to Ted G for walking the floor with me. (Drop me an email BTW).

I ended up picking up a nice VG t-306 Gandil and a few cards from Ted G but nothing for the sets that I am working on.

On a sad note, I could basically peg what every dealer had and it was the same crap they had last show and the show before that. Most of it is either in low grade, low demand or overpriced. Sometimes it is a combination of all three.

I am sorry I missed the bigger gathering on Saturday and I am looking forward to Cleveland even more now.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.