View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default A T206 printing question for Bill Heitman, or anyone ?

Posted By: Dave Hornish

I'm sorry but I do not buy the strip argument. There are misprinted T206's that show other players off to one side. Personally, I think they were printed in sheets of either 48 or 96 cards, with certain cards printed in repeating vertical strips on the sheet (but not all). I have thought about this a bit of late and it seems some cards had to be taken by each brand but they had a choice on some of the other cards. So you could have a sheet where say the left-most 48 cards were multiple-print columns and the right side is individual players, or something like that with a super-print sheet co-mingled with a regular sheet (or 2 or 3 or 4). The Southern/Texas League cards support a 48 or 96 card sheet I think, especially if Texas League was anticipated by ALC but could not close the deal in time so 6 DP cards from the other leagues in the first press run until Texas League cards were subbed on the sheet. Just my opinion.....Just think about how multiples of 6 and/or 8 play into T206 theories of distribution.