View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Default OT:Where to stay at cooperstown?

Posted By: Greg

Hi Jeff,

If you can afford it, the Otesaga is by far and away the best place to stay -- It's a grand old hotel where all the Hall of Famers stay, so you have access that others don't. There's also the Lake Front Motel, which also gives you easy access to town by foot.
There are several chain motels just outside town -- Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, etc. -- I've stayed in a couple and they are clean and nice.
That said, I'm guessing everything in Cooperstown is booked already (they're expecting the biggest HOF weekend crowd ever), and I wouldn't be surprised if everything is also booked in Oneonta, about 20 minutes away (the nicest hotel there is the Clarion), but there are a bunch of others.
There are lots of little bed and breakfast places all through the region and you might get lucky and find a room there.
I'm not to sure about things west of Cooperstown, but your next best shot to the east might be in Cobleskill (not much to choose from), and after that Albany -- lots to choose from there.
I would not put it off any longer and start looking for accommodations immediately.

Greg