View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default ESPN: Famous Honus Wagner card sells for record $2.35M

Posted By: Joe Pelaez

Quote by T206C.
"When I read... Bill Heitman's entry in the link posted above, I sat back once again, safe in the knowledge that all of my T206 cards are SGC graded and not a single one lingers in a PSA holder."
T206C. I'm surprised you said that.
Somehow, some of the slab aficcionados keep forgetting that the Rosen/Keith O./Joe Doyle error card fiasco was entombed in an SGC holder.

I just want to be totally unbiased, and democratic about the who's the betta slabber topic.

I want to go on record.
I enjoy cracking, and freeing any poor defenseless T206 creature from whatever enslaving company, regardless of brand, factory # and religious belief.
Try carrying around a binder filled with 525 slabs and tell me that it's fun.

It sure is easy to see who the collectors and investors are in this forum.

Whatever happenned to collecting cards for fun, and as a sublimation to the investing world around us?

The mindset of a collector, and the mindset of an investor, are totally two different animals.
On this forum, they can coexist without a problem.

When I was into stocks, I never considered my portfolio as part of a collection. ... There were short, and long term hopes to make money. .... hopefully was a key word.

Which brought me to collecting baseball cardboard.
A form of distraction, or sublimation to hopefully forget the realities of the investment world.

I must say that I succeeded in my goal to have fun.
Totally refused to let the investment mindset to get into my game, and it worked for me. ... to each, his own.

Are you a collector, or an investor?