View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default LEW LIPSET - BLOCKED BIDDER

Posted By: barrysloate

I've intentionally stayed off this thread but since my name was cited I thought I would just add a few thoughts.

I went back to my June 2000 auction catalog and we did sell a 1913 Reds yearbook, if that's the one being discussed here. It does look quite fragile from the picture- it's got a bit of cover chipping- so I think I too might have been hesitant to provide color photocopies of the interior pages. However, this is not a thread about photocopies, it is one about courteous dealing with customers.

Mr. Lipset and I were once close friends, but we have not spoken for years. There is no need for me to chime in what I think about all this because it has all been said already. Clearly there are some people who get along with Mr. Lipset, and some who don't. He knows who he likes, and he knows who he doesn't like. That has always been crystal clear.

But I do think this thread has probably gone far enough. He has made great contributions to the hobby, primarily through the Old Judge and his Encyclopedia. He has not always been as successful dealing with the general public, and I can not answer why that is (nor do I care to).