View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Alterations - Same subject different thread (by accident)

Posted By: Dave

....by the way there is a difference between conservation work , and doctoring. Perhaps the only nuance being hypothetical profits that can be made from the latter. So now there is to be a book published about this subject by Kevin ? What's new here....? Nothing...guys who claim to have the knowledge and expertise Kevin does have been taking advantage of baseball card collectors since I was a kid. I didn't think it was a big deal back then when I heard people talking about the re-colored borders on some 70's Topps cards.
If Kevin is not willing to disclose any of the information he has gleened in his years of experience then once again I would ask...."why bother posting" human nature being what it is, after such posts people will be curious and will want more facts. Accusations start flying around, and name calling begins. if you are writing a book...you have many of us interested now after your postings, and replies to subsequent posts.
I look forward to reading the book that you are writing Kevin, can you give this audience a time frame on when it will be published ?

by the way, one way to conserve your tobacco cards for future viewing pleasure is to clean any and all tobacco or nicotine type staining off of them. Every Polar Bear card I own has been soaked in OXY clean and gently cleaned with cotton swabs or sponge swabs; and then has been rinsed in distilled water.It makes a big difference believe me. I do not consider this cleaning, "card doctoring" as PSA graded all of the cards I have sent them that have had this done to them.