View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Administrator

Default Alterations - Same subject different thread (by accident)

Posted By: Dazed

Any chance of creating a poison pill here? Already I realise I would never consider buying a Pre-War card in NM or higher no matter what holder it's in. I find myself looking back at my old auction catalogues and seeing wavy borders and fish-hook corners on all those Mint 9 beauties. It's maddening! I have to believe that the PSA 8 Wagner has perfect vintage looking edges whether they're trimmed or not. Someone's got to say it - what if it really is possible to trim a card in such a way that it's impossible to determine when it was done? Would that really surprise any of us? Hell, we can map the human genetic code! I remember someone saying long ago, that when there is enough money in forged or altered sports memorabilia, it may attract the attention of the really master criminal. If PSA is trying to downplay this, maybe thay aren't so dumb after all. Mr. Crandell, - is crusading against this supposed to protect what you have in your collection? Fifty years from now your children may be saying "Dad sure collected a lot of plastic crap!"

Yours truly,
Dazed & Confused