View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Default Whats a eBay gamble on a card worth?

Posted By: Mike

Hard to say, depending on what it is, and the condition, and how bad you want or need it. It's funny you mention this topic, because this same situation came up with me this week. I've been this hobby long enough, and sometimes if the odds are 75% that the item is legit, you just have to take a chance. My success has been good. But without knowing what it is, and your passion for it, and what your collecting goals are, I guess you have to make the call. And also, one more thing, if it turns out to be a dud, how much will losing $300.00 hurt you? but if all seems OK, I say , go for it.

Edited to reply to previous message. You say that 2% of the sellers feedback makes him a risk? I am in that world because I got sick and tired of sellers not sending their items, or cashing my checks, and then telling E Bay that I didn;t send the thing. So I finally fugured, hell, I am going to tell the truth and give the "Bad" guys a negative comment. Of course then come the negative feedback in return. So I get stuck with a few negative comments. Smart E Bayers know who the real idiots are. One seller claims he never got my check. he gave me a negative comment. Relisted the item, and sold it. Mean while he mysteriously finds my check, has his local post master return it to me. Meanwhile, I still have the negative comment. But I really don't mind.