View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Default What is considered the Billy Martin Rookie?

Posted By: Jorge

Barry.... If Im reading you correctly you are saying that the O J N172 is in your opinion Nichols rookie card, because it came before the Mayo. The fact that its a minor league card is not big enough of a detractor to offset being the earlier card. I am also assuming that you prefer the 89 N172 over Nichols 1888-89 N173 Cabinet card maybe because the cabinet card is oversized or because it was purchase with coupons instead of being obtained as a bonus (premium) with the tobacco that was purchased, like the N172 was....I think you choose rookie cards the same way I do or my system does. The difference being that instead of subtracting 11 points for being a minor league card you only subtract 5. The fact that the cabinet card came slightly before the N172 probably does not offset the 11 points you took off for the way the cabinet was distributed plus the 5 points for being oversized and dont forget that its still a minor league card, -5.....I think you use the same rational as I do, we just weigh the catagories a little differently.