View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Default Avatars, links, advertising........CHANGE IN RULES

Posted By: leon

Okee Dokee....I was away for about 5-6 hours doing some chores. I read the threads about what is and what is not allowed on the site, in the way of advertising. About a week ago I deleted one of Bobby's (hi Bobby) posts because he was touting his site, or more precisely offering to do something (on his site) that was being talked about on this site, and will hopefully be instituted on this site. So I deleted his post (I very rarely delete stuff) and emailed him about it. I got no response which was fine because I took care of it. There have been about a handful of other times I have deleted stuff of Bobby's from this site. This isn't personal. This is something I don't want going on because, as a few pointed out, there are advertising spots for that. When I started the banners I said I would continue to let smaller auctions put up "a" post about their auctions if they want to, when they are near. They still can. Any more than that and I believe it would infringe upon the adverisers rights they get by being a paid advertiser. I really don't like to bring up the banners too much as we have discussed them so many times before. I know the feelings of just about everyone on the subject. To be perfectly honest I feel the site has become better in the last 6 mos...which is when the banners went up. I am biased though so that can be taken with a grain of salt. About a week ago I did amend the rules under the forum rules link. I added a few sentences on this topic. Here it is:

"Links to other sites, except historical or personal, should not be posted on the main page. Members should get permission before posting links on the front page, to any sites that collect monies, in any way. Our banner advertisers have this right to themselves, unless formally approved by the forum owner, in writing. Suggestions to visit sites that collect any monies, in any way, should not be posted as such on the main page."

I think Bobby is a good member of Net54 but I do not want avatars with website addresses. Those will not be allowed anymore....I hope this clears up any misconceptions about posting commercial site links, or references to them, on the main page. To reiterate I don't feel it would be fair to our advertisers to let folks do these things....I am sorry if this upsets anyone....I hope everyone keeps posting ..It's what makes this site very good..best regards