View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Default T206 team sets......all 36 cards of the CUBS

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

My recollection is that it took a while form me to get Kling and Sheckard in 150. Moran was the last Chicago Cubs card I tracked down, though. He's at the other end of the set.

I've been fascinated with Ed Reulbach for years, I got his card among the first couple of dozen T206s I collected. He's the first one I particularly sought out.

I've thought Kling is a bit tougher than would normally be expected because I think some of his cards were trashed in the early days. Kling was a hold out one year. I can envision kids, frustrated with him not playing, would have thrown him away. Kid mentality is all about today, yesterday is nothing. When I started collecting, when we started, we'd focus on the new cards, and forget about the old ones from the year before. (I think that applies to the Powers card, too.)

One of the beautiful aspects to having the cards ungraded is the ability to lay those cards beside one another, getting them out of alphabetical order, and laying them out in series. That's the way to see "Cubs" across the shirt, or "Chicago" down the front.