View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default baseball authentication help

Posted By: Mike

A couple things. First, it doesn't sound like a Major leauge ball. Which hurts it. Secondly, I am not sure why it has signatures from so many different players from different teams. All star game etc. etc. or who knows. You will have to have it sent off for authentication. No one can give it a value, or sell it until that happens. Who'd buy it? I recently got a ball back from PSA that was signed by the 1956 Yankees team. I know the guy who had it since his dad gave it to him as a gift back after the world series in 56. Upon first sight I knew the Mantle was fake. I have some mantles, and I knew immediately. But I sent it off to PSA anyway. I love their description of the ball "Autograph is a non-malicious secretarial or clubhouse version " The reason I mention this, is because, here is a guy had held onto this ball for 51 years, and had gotten it from his dad, now finds out it is all a fraud, except for the Skowron and Berra. So you never know. Have it looked at. I will cost you though.