View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Too many off topics again....suggestions?

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

Many aspects of memorabilia -- e.g., artwork, advertising, publications, documents, scorecards/program -- are not card-related and are discouraged. Perhaps if discussion about that material was allowed/encouraged, more memorabilia collectors would frequent the board. Then the next time somebody posted a thread on chromolithographic 1860's sheet music, more people who have an interest in that sort of thing would read it and possibly participate in the discussion.

In regard to your well-known tendency to discuss Seinfeld, while if I had my druthers posts on that and other OT topics would be few and far between, believe me when I tell you I lose no sleep over it. In fact, to the contrary, if it gives you and others a bit of fun and comraderie, hey -- isn't that part of what collecting is all about?! My reaction perhaps was just venting over the frustration of so few threads/discussions about interesting vintage memorabilia topics.

I like cards a great deal. Half of my collecting life dealt solely with cards. Then I became exposed to memorabilia and became hooked. It didn't reduce my passion for cards, just gave me something else to enjoy. My guess is that many/most memorabilia collectors started out this same way. I hardly think we'd be doing a disservice or being disrespectful to vintage card collectors to broaden the scope of this board.