View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Default E90-1 : Advice on Mutilation and Expectations

Posted By: Paul S

Hi - I'm a short-time lurker and enjoy the board, learning much. I'm dusting off my collection -- nothing is graded, -- and could use your sage advice(s) re the scan below of some of my E90-1's. Yes, you are saying to your collected selves "Oh my" and "if only..." and worse. Well, I bought 40-odd of these at the same time decades ago, just the way you see them now, and would not have been able to afford them at all even then, as a kid, had they been more intact. Still...sigh...

Okay, what I hope you might be able to enlighten me about is: Is it reasonable for me to even expect the lowest number grade, or just an "authentic", and for just some or all? And, is it worth it to do so? Is it reasonable to assume that when the time comes to grade and sell (far flung future but I'll give a heads up), that there are collectors out there who would want some of what would normally be cost-prohibitive, but are more accessible, such as these? I've tried to give a representative assortment of punctures and other cardlike cruelties across the price range of what I have.

Thanks. - Paul