View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Worst Experience Collecting

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I have had nearly 100% positive experience in this hobby, but I did have a small problem with a seller recently who I will never deal with again. Randy Inman auctions out of Maine - formerly Philadelphia I believe. I won an ebay live auction lot from them that was supposed to be a lot of old baseball photos, an 1880's Our National Game album and a Orcherade baseball fan circa 1910. Before I bid on the lot I emailed and asked about the photos because they weren't shown in the auction picture - the response I got was "too many to list, a very quality lot"...so I took a chance and bid knowing that at the least I will get the Our National Game album which has 6 lithographic pages of early baseball scenes and the Orcherade fan and a bunch of mystery photos. I won the lot in Late November and I emailed the company a few days later because they did not send me an invoice...they finally sent me one a week or so later, but it did not have shipping information on it, so I emailed them again and they said I had to pay some other guy for shipping...no problem I called the guy who was their shipper and he told me to call him back because he was holding up a 100lb mirror at the time...so I called him back about 30 minutes later and he said that he was on the freeway headed to Florida and that he would call me back...so he called me back and took my address and said that he didn't know when he would be back from vacation, but when he got back he would mail the stuff to me...I asked him how much the shipping was and he said just to wait until I got the stuff and then to go ahead and pay him...well approx 4-5 weeks passed and I still hadn't gotten the stuff so I tried to call the shipper and he said that it was on it's way to me via UPS and I should have it within the week....when it finally came to me I opened it up and there were no photos, the Our National Game album was completely gutted and was just a front and back cover..the fan was really nice though. So I called Randy Inman auctions and all I could get was an answering machine...they never did call me back after repeated calls to them so I turned it over to ebay which did absolutely nothing for me - they wanted me to take it to an appraiser to have the stuff appraised??? - I told the ebay people that the stuff I was supposed to get was not all there...how could I have it appraised if I don't have it???? They still denied my claim. Well a few weeks passed since I got the stuff and the shipper calls me and wants his $35 for shipping UPS Ground which cost him $7...I told him the problems I was having with Randy Inman auctions and that if he could get them to contact me that I would send him his $35.....I have yet to hear from Randy Inman.

Check out this guys feedback...it was bad enough before I bid in his auctions and I ignored it thinking I will be one of the lucky ones, but I wasn't....I don't know how this guy can stay on ebay...he has flat out ripped off a lot of people for way more than he got me for.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=inmanauctions