View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Worst Experience Collecting

Posted By: sean

I just recently got duped into buying a 1960 ty cobb signed fleer sight unseen for $475 that was supposedly psa/dna from an autograph catalog I received in the mail fro a Joseph Butler. He seemed very legit and knowlegable over the phone. He todl me to make the M.O out to a carl meyer. a week later I started thinking about an auction form a few months ago where I won a signed 33 goudey. I got emails than saying the guy was selling fake autographs. So I looked up that transaction and they guys name: carl meyer
I went "doh!". I looked at his ebay user name and guess what he bough that wek: an unsigned 1960 fleer ty cobb as well as about 10 other cards that appear "signed" in this non pictured catalog. Needless to say I freaked and called and called and called. I went to the post master general - nothing. I went to the police - nothing. Turns out he has ripped two other people I know off to the tune of 30k. STILL nothing from the post master general. Apparenlt he works with COACH'S CORNER. what a shock! his ebay user name is sonnysports. Here is an example of things he buys: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130036738791
Gotta love coachs corner!