View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Default if you had to downsize your collection, what would stay?

Posted By: anthony

Let me start by saying I am not just a collector of vintage baseball cards, I collect antiques that you dont see in the average persons house. Everything from dinosaur eggs to newspapers printed by ben franklin to civil war items. (stay with me here)

So, when I first starting collecting vintage stuff about 6 years ago (I was done collecting the glossy stuff at this point) my goal was to find those 2 or 3 cards I could add to my "antique" collection. Thinking that I always wanted a Ty Cobb card but couldnt afford one, I started my search...well, thanks to you guys I've had a ton of vintage cards go from my left hand to my right hand to your hand and back again and it's been fun.

I'm trying hard to keep my collection at just 5 but some are so cool and interesting that its really hard. My goal is to keep the ones with a neat story behind them. Here's what I have left outside of a few that I still have to sell.

1. Cap Anson (1895 mayo, all around good guy)
2. King Kelly (n162 all around good guy)
3. Ty Cobb (t206, greatest ball player ever)
4. Buck Weaver (1911 zeenut, blksox scandal)
5. Ty Cobb (1923 willard chocolates)
6. Cy Young (e90-1 one of the greatest pitchers)
7-9 a Mello-Mint, Red Sun and Mino Cigarettes Backs

So, If you had to keep just 2 or 3 out of your "Current collection" what cards would they be???