View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Default ebay bidding philosophy and doubts

Posted By: scott

its been 2 years since i sold all my cards and now,getting back into the hobby,i thought i'd bid on some items on ebay.in the past ,the few times i bid ,i've been blown away by other bidders ..thus resorting to buying my cards from board members and dealers.

i'm drawn to collecting a type set of more difficult caramels along with a few other samples from sets i like(brunners bread,ramly's etc.).this past weekend i bid on 2 cards from the e97 and e102-2 sets.neither were hof's but were graded in vg-ex and vg.i had a good idea what they would go for and bid to my limit and lost.

i felt an edge of discomfort about bidding so high.i did ebay searches on prices realized etc.but the going was higher.i love type cards such as these but paying a couple hundred $$$ for non hof's was new to me.i'm not nieve about rarity of cards...such as these, especially on decent condition e-cards so iwasn't that surprised.more common issues ans even rare issues of a hof seem much easier to place a price whether by research or your own budget.

my question finally is how do many of you deal with bidding on cards that there just isn't alot of sales history to go on?do you ever get nervous buying a more difficult "common" from a tough set thinking you may be over paying?

i'm not really asking for advice which would be bidding in my comfort zone, which i hit,but your own experiences with these thoughts.

thanks for helping me learn.