View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default ebay bidding philosophy and doubts

Posted By: JK

"if I'm willing to pay $500 for a T206, what makes the difference (as far as my wallet) whether I place that bid on Day 1 or at the last second?? If that's my limit, and someone else has a higher limit, so beit..."

The difference is that if you place your bid on day one, you might get run up to your limit by other bidders or even shill bidders trying to test your limits. If you snipe and set your max, its much more difficult to be shilled and you are much more likely to win the card at an amount lower than your max.

Ebay's rules allow sniping. Its not as though some illegal technology is being used. Every bidder has access to the same sniping services - many of which are free - so there is no advantage being unfairly gained by those who use snipe services. I mean no disrespect, but to say someone is unethical for using a sniping service is insulting to those who do so and shows an utter lack of thought on the topic. If someone wants to pay the highest possible price their budget will allow for a card, so be it -I'd rather pay less than my max if at all possible.