View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Default blank FRONTS for t206 or others?

Posted By: scott brockelman

Leon, yes I believe that card to be the back 1/2 of a 2 part Ramly, 2 part Ramly's were the first to be produced before the more common solid stock most are used. I have about 2 dozen of the 2 part cards, on most the edges which overlap are fairly easy to see with the naked eye. I have seen 1 2 part Ramly with the back adhered upside down. When you see a blank back Ramly that is not one of the 6 square frame fronts chances are nearly 100% it was a 2 part card on which the back was soaked off.

As to Kevin's cards posted, they are probably manufactured as the card stock is rough on the front and not what would normally be seen on any blank front or back card. Would fool very few advanced collectors. He repeatedly tells us the sky is falling, whenever someone produces a print error or other anomoly.

I for one would assert that there is not a glut of homemade errors in the market as he would lead you to believe. I, as many of the older collectors, have sifted through 1000's of cards and finding these errors is almost impossible, but occasionally in an old time collection one pops up.