View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Default My review of "The Card" . . . be nice ;)

Posted By: Rob Fouch

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I expected some folks not to like the review. No biggie. I can take it.
(Though I do appreciate your giving it a second chance, Leon.)

I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to pre-war cards, so I probably wouldn't notice some of the errors you guys spotted right away. The only set I'm somewhat knowledgable about is T206, but I have tons more to learn. I also don't have firsthand knowledge of any of the major players in the book (other than what I've read on the board), so I came in with a relatively fresh eye. I typically don't have the funds to bid in the major auctions.

I still wonder who's going to actually buy the book. Just doesn't seeem like it has a big enough audience to make it worth the cost of publishing it. But what do I know? I certainly didn't write the review with the intent of trying to increase sales. Technically, a Daily News reporter would be my paper's competition. It was simply a rare opportunity to write about one of my passions. And I'll probably end up using the extra money I make to buy a T206 card. (I hit the 25 percent completion mark last week!)

Anyway, thanks again for your comments. It'll be interesting to see how well the book sells.

Rob

P.S. Just wanted to give a quick thanks to Scot Reader, who I asked to read the review (for fact-checking purposes) before it went to publication. Didn't want to make any embarrassing errors. Thanks for taking the time, Scot. There really are some great people on this board.