View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default Is the Grading System Broken?

Posted By: Joe Pelaez

JimCrandell:

"Wouldn't it be funny if guys like Joe Pelaez was given 10 cards in front of him and asked to pick out the 5 that had been microtrimmed/reworked and the five that were legit got more wrong than right--NOW THAT WOULD BE REALLY FUNNY.

The funniest thing I think is the people who do not believe in grading think they have more expertise in picking out altered cards. NOW THAT IS FUNNY TOO!!"

Sonny,
When you were a toddler in 1990, and contemplating which Topps card you would slab.

Joe Pelaez was confronted by a problem that dealt with a very high end vintage card. ... we're not talking Topps or Fleer's here.
We're talking high "K's" in 1990, wich is saying some, toddlers like yourself during that time wouldn't have a clue.
Joe Pelaez took the problem by the horns, and attacked it.
His money ... his time ... his attack.
Joe Pelaez succeeded to convince Danny Dupchek that it would be wise that everyone should be able to go back to their playgrounds happy.
Danny boy eventually saw the wisdom of that move.

Jimmy boy, let me break this to you gently, because you're not very fast, and rather naive.

When you lay out some heavy G's on a card that you find out to be non Kosher, you can bet your dumb ass that you want to learn everything about that card, so that it won't happen again.
One of the rules from Spanish Harlem.

Fool me once, SHAME ON YOU.

Fool me twice, SHAME ON ME.

Sonny, I GOT MY MONEY BACK, and I TRIED to ALERT the Hobby.

Now let's talk about Little Jimmy Crandall.

You have done less than sh!t for your predominantly slabbed TOPPS, and even less for the investors.

You are part of the broken problem.